It’s taken me years to understand that I need no one’s approval to live my life. I’ve been guilty of worrying what others think of me. Well fuck that noise! Approval denied by anyone other than myself…..PERIOD.
I can remember my Mom telling me to keep quiet about living with my boyfriend years ago. She was embarrassed that I was “living in sin”. Well, at that years family reunion a couple of my nosey, snobby, hypocritical Aunts asked me in front of my boyfriend and my Mom “when are ya’ll going to get married and have kids?” In my mind I’m thinking what the fuck? I thought it was none of their business….I bluntly said “we’re not getting married, we’re shacking up and don’t like kids so we’re not having any.” My poor Mom looked like she wanted to crawl under the table and my Aunts dropped their mouths.
Point is it’s my life and I make my decisions whether they meet your standards or not. Maybe I don’t have standards? Ha! It’s about my happiness.
The same goes for everyone else. No judgment from this chic. Approval isn’t needed from anyone to live your life. I found that once I didn’t care what people thought of me I discovered happiness. Freedom to be yourself is pure blissfulness! Do what makes you happy!
My Darling Friend Jean blogged earlier today about finding 5 new positive things each day. She mentioned she’s thinking about starting a private journal for each day of these “5 Positives”. What an incredible idea don’t you think? As she mentioned, there are so many things in our lives that are positive that are not acknowledged.
I know I take for granted life’s beautiful moments and positives. I think each of us allow ourselves to get swept away in many insignificant conditions. Life is full of stress, work, problems, and irrelevant things like watching TV, shopping, napping, etc. I call that life’s fluff. That’s the filler in between the work, family, and the treasured moments.
I wanted to share my 5 for today just because…..
- Having lunch at a packed cafe today there was only one waitress working and probably 20 tables. She was beyond overwhelmed. Some patrons were so rude to her even though it was obvious she was doing the best she could under the circumstances. I noticed two older gents after finishing up their lunch began bussing tables to help out. As I watched the two I thought how beautiful it was that humanity still exists and there are so many kind people in this world. I handed her a substantial tip with a note complimenting the way she handled herself as we left. She gave me a hug. For that I’m thankful I was able to experience that special moment.
- I awoke this morning and had coffee on our deck and listened to the birds chirp and sing. It’s cloudy here and a bit cooler but the birds were out and entertaining me as the leaves whirled around with the breeze. The colors of yellow, red, brown and green were flashing brightly all around me.
- I heard from a very dear friend this morning and it was lovely to hear her sweet voice on the other end of the phone. We got to catch up and laugh and reminisce. I miss her so much as she lives out of state.
- Blessed to have all of you to read. I’ve been anticipating catching up with all of you this afternoon so let the stalking begin shortly.
- Finding Jean’s blog earlier today and reading about her 5 positives makes me appreciate the little things. So, thank you for sharing yours with me and all of us and coming up with this fantastic idea.
If you’re not following Jean, please check her out. I adore her posts. She’s in Ireland and has so many beautiful adventures and posts. You will be in for a great read and some outstanding photographs. https://socialbridge.wordpress.com/
Have a fabulous Saturday Loves!
Have a fantastic day Loves!
I hear this often. Perhaps four out of six bosses have mentioned this to me.
It’s not because I’m brainless, lazy or stupid but because of……Wanna take a guess? Yep, No filter. Or better yet, doing what I want and how I want to do it.
Why wait for permission when I can ask for forgiveness later. Patience is not my BFF.
Besides, I exceed my monthly goal every single month…What? What?
The majority of the time I’m just as shocked as they are when things come out of my mouth. Especially if they have me on speaker.
I don’t take offense to the comment “Good thing you’re pretty” because it’s actually probably saved my ass a few times.
Although some people might think this is downgrading or belittling me, I don’t.
I actually think it’s humorous because they’re allowing me to control the situation and they’re being outwitted by me batting my eyelashes. How crazy is that? I’m being serious about this too.
Conceited? Not really. I just have confidence and I’m happy. Haven’t you ever heard “Happy girls are the prettiest?” I always choose happy.
So go ahead boss and tell me it’s a good thing I’m pretty. I’ll use it to my advantage every fucking chance I get.
Everyday I’m hustlin’ 💋