Yesterday as I was ordering my Flat White in the drive thru at Starbucks the girl says to me way too loudly “Is that a decaf or regular?” In my mind, “Bitch please, are you trippin’? Decaf? WTF????” I said “Regular please with a shot of espresso”. First of all it was 6:30 am and she roared like a lion through that speaker entirely way too loud. It made my heart jolt and then to ask me such a thing, obviously she doesn’t KNOW me and must be new. Don’t even play like that! Normally Kathy and Kim know my voice and call me by my name. I know, I know, I’m not a fucking princess or royalty but it was shocking and normally I don’t have to answer or talk that much that early in the morning. I just grumble and get my glorious liquid courage to help awaken the beast inside of me.
Is it really only Wednesday by the way??? I know I shouldn’t wish my life away but Monday and Tuesday were long ass stressful days. I’m ready for the weekend. I know, quit my bitching and whining and pull myself together right?
Ok, enough of my rambling here. Today’s song without a doubt for me is an oldie but goody for sure.
I don’t know…..Evil sounds a bit more interesting right? Happy Friday Loves!
My Darling Friend Jean blogged earlier today about finding 5 new positive things each day. She mentioned she’s thinking about starting a private journal for each day of these “5 Positives”. What an incredible idea don’t you think? As she mentioned, there are so many things in our lives that are positive that are not acknowledged.
I know I take for granted life’s beautiful moments and positives. I think each of us allow ourselves to get swept away in many insignificant conditions. Life is full of stress, work, problems, and irrelevant things like watching TV, shopping, napping, etc. I call that life’s fluff. That’s the filler in between the work, family, and the treasured moments.
I wanted to share my 5 for today just because…..
- Having lunch at a packed cafe today there was only one waitress working and probably 20 tables. She was beyond overwhelmed. Some patrons were so rude to her even though it was obvious she was doing the best she could under the circumstances. I noticed two older gents after finishing up their lunch began bussing tables to help out. As I watched the two I thought how beautiful it was that humanity still exists and there are so many kind people in this world. I handed her a substantial tip with a note complimenting the way she handled herself as we left. She gave me a hug. For that I’m thankful I was able to experience that special moment.
- I awoke this morning and had coffee on our deck and listened to the birds chirp and sing. It’s cloudy here and a bit cooler but the birds were out and entertaining me as the leaves whirled around with the breeze. The colors of yellow, red, brown and green were flashing brightly all around me.
- I heard from a very dear friend this morning and it was lovely to hear her sweet voice on the other end of the phone. We got to catch up and laugh and reminisce. I miss her so much as she lives out of state.
- Blessed to have all of you to read. I’ve been anticipating catching up with all of you this afternoon so let the stalking begin shortly.
- Finding Jean’s blog earlier today and reading about her 5 positives makes me appreciate the little things. So, thank you for sharing yours with me and all of us and coming up with this fantastic idea.
If you’re not following Jean, please check her out. I adore her posts. She’s in Ireland and has so many beautiful adventures and posts. You will be in for a great read and some outstanding photographs. https://socialbridge.wordpress.com/
Have a fabulous Saturday Loves!
I run on coffee, sarcasm, messy hair and lip gloss on Saturday mornings.
Today’s coffee adventure was to The Dancing Goats Coffee Bar in Midtown.
Fantastic contemporary little haunt of a place.
B had a caramel latte and a blueberry pastry and I had the iced caramel coffee with almond milk with the sticky toffee muffin. A-Mazing! Loved the atmosphere and the rustic modern feel it had. The line was out the door so you know it’s incredible if there’s a line right?
Maybe we should make this an every Saturday morning routine? Sampling all of the coffee bars all over the city? Not a bad idea.
Happy Saturday Loves XOXO